|By Fuat Kircaali||
|May 7, 2010 03:00 AM EDT||
Cloud Computing Expo - The debut of the iPad promises significant opportunities well beyond just Apple.
The iPad promises to energize the emerging tablet PC segment, creating a potential semiconductor opportunity of over US$4.1 billion in 2014 reports In-Stat.
Other component vendors will capitalize on the new opportunity for batteries and displays, as well.
The iPad Summit is an intensive and content-rich one-day program designed to satisfy the growing hunger among software developers, as well as IT and "new media" professionals for a broad spectrum of sessions informing them what kinds of development options and opportunities the iPad provides.
“Tablets have quickly become a high priority for competitors across the value chain, including mobile operators,” says Jim McGregor, In-Stat analyst. “Even more important, is that the opportunity in tablets is complementary to other mobile devices, particularly smartphones and netbooks.”
Recent research by In-Stat found the following:
The research, “The Rise of the Internet Tablet: The Keys to Success”, covers the worldwide market for Internet tablet PCs. It includes:
- Success, Arrogance, Rise and Fall
- Monaco Yacht Show Live Coverage Photo Album
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Cloud Expo and The End of Tech Recession
- Katerina Moutsatsos, Kayikci and SOA World
- Is the PR Business Extinct? Yes
- Open Letter to the President of Syria Bashar al-Assad
- Welcome to JDJ, Again...
- Adobe and Social Media Terrorists
- Web 2.0 Is Dead. Long Live Web 2.0!