Welcome to the "New Media" Revolution on Ulitzer!

Fuat Kircaali

Subscribe to Fuat Kircaali: eMailAlertsEmail Alerts
Get Fuat Kircaali: homepageHomepage mobileMobile rssRSS facebookFacebook twitterTwitter linkedinLinkedIn


Top Stories by Fuat Kircaali

http://twitter.com/fuatkircaali The short answer is yes. In our estimation, roughly 70% of today's PR firms with their traditional public relations and communications business structures will not survive the fast-approaching social media avalanche. The remaining 30% that need to reinvent their position real fast in their newly morphed industry will prosper, compared to where they were and what they were doing before. For publicly traded companies, current rules dictate that information can be made public by a press release or by a telephone conference call but not simply on a website. Ninety percent of today's PR firms are still in business simply because of this single rule. For the first time three years ago, in 2006, Sun Microsystems CEO Jonathan Schwartz asked the SEC to change this rule. Well, the new White House is already posting the President's weekly address... (more)

Is Jerry Yang the Dumbest CEO in Silicon Valley?

Please read the news story below filed today by my colleague Maureen O'Gara and think about the once-in-a-life-time lottery ticket this man had last February with Microsoft's acquisition offer, and then again through Carl Icahn's unasked-for help. He blew it and in my Wikipedia, this man is the dictionary definition of an IDIOT! This is what this man (this one) deserves. First Icahn should beat him up, literally, He looks like a man who can really beat the s..t out of stupid CEOs. Then the stock holders should sue him for unacceptable stupidity and the judge should ship him to th... (more)

Cloud Expo and The End of Tech Recession

http://twitter.com/fuatkircaali At SYS-CON Media we see our inventories are filling up to 100% capacity for the months of November, December, and January, and we are seeing better-than-normal RFP activity for the first quarter of 2010. When I say this, I am comparing the current insertion order activity to the same period last year. We will be closing 2009 roughly 32% below 2008 in revenues (far better than any other tech media company), which forced us to reduce our expenses for the same period by around 40%. Last fall, while the world was falling apart, we were preparing for a ... (more)

SYS-CON Projects All-Time High Revenue

At SYS-CON Media, we don't do "predictions" but rather "projections." I am browsing through my November 9, 2009 dated blog entry. Here is what I wrote then: "We see our inventories are filling up to 100% capacity for the months of November, December, and January, and we are seeing better-than-normal RFP activity for the first quarter of 2010. When I say this, I am comparing the current insertion order activity to the same period last year. We will be closing 2009 roughly 32% below 2008 in revenues (far better than any other tech media company), which forced us to reduce our expe... (more)

Sofia's Abduction to Syria: Interview with Diane Macedo of Fox News

Diane Macedo of Fox News worked on Sofia's story for more than a month, studying documents, interviewing more than a dozen people, and fact-checking before publishing her news story on Monday and airing our interview. Here is the link to the Fox News on-camera interview. This morning, on Monday, she also published a detailed article on Sofia: ▸ Fox News Story on Sofia's Abduction to Syria When Sofia returns safely home, she will pay her first visit to Diane at Fox News headquarters in New York City. ▸ US Leaves Its Youngest Citizen Behind Syria I already wrote two blog posts on So... (more)